Thursday, January 13, 2011

January 13, 2011


PARIS! Holy crap we did a lot today! We started at Notre Dame – the highest pickpocket area of EUROPE, and would you effing believe that I forgot my memory card for my camera? No worries – bought one in a local shop, thank goodness!!! Bad way to start a day!
After Notre Dame, we headed over to the Louvre. After seeing the Mona Lisa and the Venus Di Milo, we headed out. That place is huge! It would take all day to walk through it. So we walked a millions miles the rest of the day and checked out – Place De La Concorde, The Arc De Triomphe and the Eiffel Tower. We even stopped at a 4 story Louis Vuitton!
After the Eiffel Tower, I wanted to hit up the final Hard Rock… during this trip I went to the Dublin, London and Paris. My dad and FIL will be happy! They also got stuff from the Beijing Hard Rock – lucky boys!
We decided to have dessert for dinner so we grabbed a nutella and banana crepe and moved on to find our next spot. I ended up eating Onion Soup - had to have it in France. And well, it was okay, not quite the same as home.
Finally, we headed home – and hopped on the Metro to find out that the stop that we were going to take to transfer was out! Then the train came to a stop and the lights went out. HOLY CRAP! I grabbed my purse instinctively, a French announcement was made, of which we had no idea what they said. We just laughed, and others laughed at us. After we figured out that we can hop out the next stop and change up trains, we relaxed a little. But then the connection was very obscure, we were really happy we had a metro map. BUT WE MADE IT and felt uber accomplished!
Great way to end our Paris leg. CAN’T WAIT TO BE HOME! I miss my own bed, I miss not having to pack every other day, and most of all, I miss my husband. Now hopefully our flights work out!

No comments:

Post a Comment