Friday, April 15, 2011

The Hunger Games

I've been totally fascinated with my nook - but actually read a book (hard copy) that I had borrowed from my nook collaborator Sarah. If you haven't picked up Hunger Games for yourself, do! It was a very interesting read, a huge departure from my usual urban fantasy (vampires, fairies, were's etc.), but totally worth it. I can't wait until I get to the next book, which is currently on nook loan to Sarah.

But as I think about the book, I find myself in my own hunger games. How so you might ask, it's not like I have been dropped off at an arena and having to kill off the others to survive. But more so, that money has a such a control on my life. I LOVE TO SPEND IT - seriously, I have a strong addiction. But what if I were to go cold turkey as I am proposing for my 33rd?!? I feel like I should visit a shrink to help ease into this situation I am about to venture upon.

In preparation for my shopping hunger games - I bought a few things I know I am going to need. So yes, I might be starting off at a deficient - but at least there will be a few days, weeks, well more so hours - that I will have everything that I need. I also gave away things I don't really use, today I gave up 7 pairs of shoes. Pat on back - all went to good homes. I even gave up my wedding shoes, when would I have ever worn them again anyway?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment