Wednesday, September 5, 2012

other duties this week

So of course I decide to create an event that sounds super cool... let's make small aquariums fill them with some fun Medaille College Blue rocks and give folks a gold fish. Yup, that sounds great, everyone will love that!
 Things I didn't realize I would have to do:
 1. Goldfish are stinky and poop a lot
2. Goldfish food is equally stinky and I would need to make 50 packets of goldfish food
3. I needed to buy some stuff to make the water okay for the fish
4. I needed a large tank to hold the fish overnight - which we didn't have. So we improvised and just got an empty water bottle from the cooler and cut the top off.
5. That 5 fish would die over night and one more would bite the dust before the event.
6. I would be washing my hands a million times - wait correction - washing my hands up to my elbows because I was so grossed out.
7. For some reason I ordered 100 tanks and not 50?!? Will need to double check my bill.
8. I would have a meeting during the time of the event and my grads would have to run it and I wouldn't even see how excited the students were....

 But I was told the students loved it! Mission accomplished. Now if only I can get that fish smell out of my head.

No comments:

Post a Comment